Our Delivery Options
Hamper World Delivers all our gifts nationwide.
Nationwide Delivery from R89.90.
Same day delivery in Gauteng for orders placed before 11 o’clock for R89.90!
Outlying areas may take a little longer, but we will endeavour to always deliver in the quickest time possible.
Hot Chocolate & Nougat Gift Hamper
This Nougat Gift Hamper is filled with delicious locally manufactured treats and a Hot Chocolate on a Spoon:
- Forest Fairies Gourmet Hot Chocolate on a Spoon
- 2 Forest Fairies Nougat Bars (In Various flavours 45gr)
- A Packet of Double Choc Cookies From The Khayelitsha Cookie Company (135gr)
What is Nougat?
- Nougat is an aerated confection.
- The word “nougat” comes from Occitan pan nogat, seemingly from Latin panis nucatus meaning ‘nut bread’.
- The texture of nougat is chewy, and it is used in a variety of candy bars and chocolates that you buy in the shops.
- There are three main types of nougat:
- White nougat: This is made with sugar or honey, roasted nuts (almonds, walnuts, pistachios, hazelnuts, and macadamia nuts are common) and whipped egg whites.
- Brown nougat: This is made with caramelized sugar (and honey), mixed with nuts and/or other flavourings. It is made without egg whites and has a firmer, often crunchy texture.
- Viennese or German nougat: This is essentially a chocolate and nut (usually hazelnut) praline.