Healthy Food Gifts
It doesn’t matter whether your recipient is on a diet or they just love wholesome eating, we have just the wholesome gifting brand for you.
When on an eating plan it can be quite a challenge to find foods that are rich in nutrients and tasty too. Spicing up any diet can feel like mission impossible.
This week we are putting the spotlight on one of our newly stocked product ranges, Stonelodge Elegant Wholefoods. This brand is full of flavour and all the things that are good for you. Let’s take a look.
The Wise Choice
Stonelodge is a beautiful farm situated in the Umhlali Valley in KZN that was bought by the Wise family in 1958 and has stayed in the family ever since.
Their tasty products being packaged and sold was all because of family member Carla Wise.
Carla seems to take her name quite seriously as she is all about drawing inspiration from friends and family, and wise and healthy eating, of course.
The original idea to bottle her recipes was planted when she visited friends for a dinner and brought along a bottle of her yummy home-made herb dressing.
That evening the host turned to her and said, “I think you need to market this”. So, she did.
Her Granola was conceptualised from the influence of her two active daughters.
When searching for a breakfast that would give them energy and keep them going, she realised that most breakfast cereals are laden with sugar.
“I was taught how to live off the land. I loved making butter, pickling onions and baking bread.”- Carla Wise, The Ridge
Keeping It Real
All of the ingredients in Stonelodge products are grown on the farm and made naturally. When you choose a Natural Product, you choose a product with no sugar, no preservatives, no artificial flavours or colourants, and no unnecessary chemicals, and your body will love you for it.
“Your diet is a bank account, good food choices are good investments” – Bethenny Frankel
Wholesome and naturally made foods are the ones that help you stay healthy and that your body appreciates. It’s because of this that Stonelodge offers only the best and purest foods that are untreated, non-irradiated and straight from nature.
Not only is Raw Honey one of the products to enjoy from Stonelodge, but it’s also the main ingredient that you will find in most of their other products too, from the granolas to the dressings.
Looking at the benefits of raw honey it is a wise ingredient option. Honey is a natural antiseptic, has medicinal purposes and is great for energy. It even helps with your metabolism! Many people also claim that honey helps as a natural sleeping aid.
If you are reading this and hoping you will remember to buy some of Stonelodge’s Bluegum Raw honey, then you have even more reason to do so. This liquid gold has natural antioxidants and therapeutic properties that help in boosting brains’ cholinergic system and circulation and receding cells that cause memory loss. In other words, it’s good for memory too.
Mix Up Your Breakfast Routine
To really highlight the thought that goes into every product that Carla adds to the range, here are some of the ingredients in Stonelodge’s granola and the benefits of them.
- Macadamia – It’s nuts how good this can be for you. Macadamia’s are full of good fat, Monounsaturated, which helps lower cholesterol and decreases the risk of heart disease and strokes. They are also a source of vitamin A, iron, protein, thiamine, riboflavin and niacin. selenium (an antioxidant), calcium, phosphorus, potassium and magnesium.
- Coconut flakes – A tasty dietary fibre that is full of iron and zinc.
- Pumpkin seeds – A good source of antioxidants, magnesium and zinc
- Sunflower seeds – These are rich in the B complex vitamins, which are essential for a healthy nervous system, and contain phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, protein and vitamin E.
- Flax seeds – Rich in the omega-3 fatty acid ALA, lignans and fibre. They can be used to improve digestive health, lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol, reduce the risk of cancer and may benefit people with diabetes.
- Sesame seeds – These are high in fibre and have high levels of calcium and magnesium. They are a source of iron and phosphorous, manganese, zinc, and copper too.
- If the health benefits don’t keep you eating this, the depth of flavour will.
The Wholesome Gifting Solution
You don’t have to be on a diet to instantly improve your health by including some of these nutritional foods in your pantry. When you choose Stonelodge, you pick locally made healthy products. There is such an abundance of healthy ingredients in their range that we couldn’t even cover it all in one blog.
It’s the perfect gift for anyone that aspires for a healthy lifestyle. Tasty healthy treats might be hard to find, but not at Hamper World. We support green, eco-friendly, sustainable gifting. Check out some of these Stonelodge Hampers.